Monday, February 28, 2011

Journal Entry: Tuesday May 4th, 2004 10:33PM

Today while doing the dishes I envision the title "Priestly Garments." Several weeks earlier I asked God during a time of prayer and fasting to give me something to write about because it had been years since I was inspired to write something besides my journal entries. I went to my usual comfy spot and began to construct what I thought would be a poem. For the next 20 minutes I struggled to capture the message He was transmitting to me because I was trying to put my own spin to it. When I realized that what I was doing was robbing me of peace and joy I erased what I had written and apologized for taking matters into my own hands. As I waited for His word to return I became a conduit with pen in hand...this is what he said to me.

Priestly Garments
You allow me to see only what is true.
My wounds have healed but the scars that remain remind me of where I was brought from.
Every so often I see myself anew and I'm amazed at the work of your transformations.  Still time passes me by so quickly I tend to forget the lessons I have learned.  I often question, "Who am I and what will become of me?"
Have I honestly consider what I really look like?
Surely, I remember you saying to me,
"You must be diligent and ready at all times."

Shall I continue to be clothed in unforgiveness lest you find me undone...heaven forbid!
Shall I not exchange my garments for one that will cover all of me?
Shall my adornment only be external leaving my soul naked and exposed!  To what extent is my nakedness?  How deeply embedded are the foolishness I have yet to commit?
Can my hands fashion garments that will ready me for you, Lord? 

Who has ever been able to measure the size of their soul?
Can I be entrusted with such a task?
Surely, I would miss something so vital that I would be exposed and ashamed at my own nakedness!
I gasp at the thought of wasting time while your appearance is so close at hand!
Have I wholeheartedly consider what I look like and how shall I prepare?
Shall I wear my hair up and expose the lies my throat have spoken?
Shall I paint the eyes that have cried tears of unbelief and covetousness?
Shall I color the nails that busy themselves with meaningless toil?
Shall I spend everything to own everything yet still not be content?
Shall I break open my alabaster box that reeks of my true intentions?

Can the shoes that adorn my feet keep me from my appointment with death? Sigh.
I am utterly naked and I have not known the full extent of it!
I must be fitted with garments not made with hands.
I was born in obscurity yet beckoned by the King of kings.
Who can tailor me with wisdom?
Who can see my fullness yet continue to work in mercy?
What price must I pay to prepare my soul for such an engagement?
Be still my soul and aw
ait the tender moment when God unveils the garments He has sown in Love. He has paid the price in full therefore,
I shall never know nakedness, famine, death, or singleness!
I will be one as He is one with His word.   Prepare me Lord as I await my true identity in Christ Jesus. 




After I read Priestly Garments for myself I was compelled to answer the one who sees me fully.


He calls me by a name only my heart understands.
Your people look at me and say to themselves, "shouldn't she be in chains?"
They don't understand your foreknowledge.
They don't comprehend your love.
They strain to see my weakness and lose themselves in the search.
I am not a picture of perfection but being made perfect in weakness I paint freely.
Never in my lofty dreams could I have imaged the “me” I am today.
Like a well-written novel I am engrossed in the treasures the Author leaves for me to find.
The more I know Him the better acquainted I am with my true identity.
He tills the field he purchased with his blood and there creates a garden fit for an Eve.
His gazed holds me and my strength fails me.
I try my best to behave but I am so easily distracted.
Nevertheless, whenever He calls I will answer...
Here I am Lord, your friend is listening.


Loritza Melendez
The Sevenfold Spirit of God

No comments:

Post a Comment